The role of Health Careers Futures is to provide clear and accurate information to students, job seekers, and educational and workforce development organizations about health career occupations and defined pathways to enter and advance in these careers.
Health Careers Futures also supports the development, attraction and retention of quality healthcare workers; attracting the motivated applicants and promoting the relevant training and work designs that support patient and worker safety.
Health Careers Futures succeeds in its mission by:
- Convening relevant stakeholders to improve the alignment of training programs and employer requirements
- Improving attraction, training, placement, and retention of quality healthcare workers
- Identifying and strengthening health careers and job search pathways
- Advancing patient safety and quality care curriculum
- Investigating ways to improve the cost effectiveness of the health workforce system
- Developing, gathering, and sharing health workforce data